Healthy Lunch Alternatives
This post is for me as well as for the students. I am so tired of the same things, I decided to do some research to add some “spice” in my lunch! Of course, I want to be healthier, hence, healthy school lunch alternatives.
As a teacher I have a microwave available to me. Students do not normally have one available. I will try to keep these healthy school lunch alternatives ideas non-microwavable. Let me know how your lunches come out!
Keep in mind, you probably want your children to do well in school and to be happy. Having the coolest lunch at the table will certainly make them the coolest.
Kidding aside, these healthy school lunch alternatives will hopefully be full of vitamin rich fruits and vegetables, shock full of proteins, and great tasting.
A great way to cook bacon to keep the fat content down- fold aluminum foil into 1″ accordion folds, place on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees until crisp.
3. Chips and Dip- Tortilla chips, with guacamole, salsa, sour cream. Each dip in its own small container.
4. Meatball Sandwich- Using a container that hold hot food, pack meatballs. Send in a little roll.
5. ecology essay questions or any other lunch meat with cheese.
6. Pretzel Kabobs- Lunch meat, rolled up, and skewered with pretzel sticks. Kids will love these!
9. Ham and Cheese Muffins I guess you could put other lunch meats or cheeses for healthy lunch alternatives. How about vegetables, as well.
10. Deli Stromboli So easy, and freezable.
11. Mini Pot Pies Don’t they look delish!
14. Meatloaf in a Cupcake Tin- make your favorite meatloaf recipe, but pack the meatloaf in cupcake pans to bake.
16. Walking Tacos Love This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! School. Picnics. Picnic Dinners in the Living Room! Yesssssssss!!!
17. Peanut Butter and Jelly on a Stick- Make a sandwich. Cut into squares. Put a square on a skewer, separated by a piece of fruit, etc. Could be any sandwich.
I can see that many of you are thinking ahead already. Yes, you make the dishes, freeze them, then just heat up to pack in the lunch box. These healthy lunch alternatives could be a great time saver, yet, the children and teachers are happy.
Please share any ideas you have tried.